Clinical Support and Genetic Counseling
Bionano Laboratories offers clinical support to address any questions or concerns from both ordering providers and families undergoing testing.
Topics discussed with providers might include:
- Selecting the best test for your patient
- Inquiring if a previous result has been updated since the original issue date
- Obtaining genetic counseling for your patient and their family
- Questions concerning the interpretation and discussion of your patient’s report
Topics discussed during genetic counseling sessions with families might include:
- What does this testing do?
- How can it help?
- How likely is it to find a diagnosis?
- Can this happen again?
- A detailed review test results
- A step-by-step breakdown of the report, including an explanation of any scientific terms, how the result may be playing a role on the patient’s health, and discussion of potential next steps
- Answers to commonly asked questions
- Should the patient see any other specialist?
- What do we do with this information?
- Could this have been inherited from me?
Explore more genetic counseling services
To speak with a genetic counselor, please schedule an appointment online or call our genetic counseling line at 801.931.6191. A genetic counseling assistant will direct you to an available genetic counselor, or, if more appropriate, schedule a genetic counseling session. You can also email questions, requests, or concerns to email@example.com and we will respond to within 24 hours or contact you by phone if requested.